Our Covid-19 Precautions

Book with Confidence

A note to our valued guests

Together we have witnessed some extraordinary and challenging times over the past year, and the safety of you, our guests, is top priority at Chalet Couttet.

We also understand that now more than ever it is essential for you to know where you stand when booking your next holiday with us.

We have extended our flexible booking policy in relation to COVID-19  for holidays taken prior to 30th April 2022.

  • If you cannot travel due to COVID-19, you can delay your holiday and transfer your paid deposit to another date within 18 months of your original holiday start date.
  • We will provide you with a credit voucher for the same amount as the deposit and balance payments made.
  • Alternatively, if you would prefer a partial refund, we are happy to offer you a 25% refund of all monies paid once your final balance has been settled in full. The remaining 75% would be provided to you by way of a credit voucher, again valid for 18 months.

 

Terms and conditions (Booking with confidence COVID-19)

We reserve the right to ask for official documentation proving one or more of the below restrictions were in place on the start date of your holiday before refunds or vouchers will be processed:

  1. French National or Local Government has introduced local or general lockdown measures, which result in us being unable to operate as a business in Chamonix.
  2. Closure of French borders
  3. Closure of your departure country’s borders
  4. Closure of Swiss borders (preventing transit to France)
  5. UK FCDO (or your departure country’s equivalent foreign office) advises against all non-essential travel to France
  6. Your home country requires a mandatory quarantine period on your return. This does not include a quarantine period on return due to a positive COVID-19 test.
  7. Your home country introduces local lockdown measures preventing you from leaving your local area
  8. French National or Local Government introduces obligatory quarantine measures for guests arriving into France or Chamonix.

Should you decide to leave or cancel your holiday part way through your stay, if France or your home/return country advice changes part-way through your stay and you leave, it will not be possible for SARL Big Strand to refund, reimburse or give a credit for any part of your stay. You will need to claim this on your travel insurance. If you wish to make a claim on your travel insurance, then SARL Big Strand will be happy to supply any documentation to assist your claim.

If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 whilst on holiday and decide to self isolate, SARL Big Strand does not accept liability or responsibility to provide you with accommodation beyond your contracted holiday dates.

Provided that  Chalet Couttet  is “open for business” and can fulfill its contractual obligations, then SARL Big Strand  does not accept any liability or responsibility to issue refunds, reimburse or offer credit vouchers and will not pay any other compensation in the event that:

You cancel your holiday, or you decide not to travel because of COVID-19. This includes, but is not limited to, you choosing not to travel because of COVID-19 related concerns, being unable to travel because of restrictions being imposed on your travel provider, cancellations by your travel provider (eg. flight, ferry or tunnel ticket cancellations) or showing symptoms and self-isolating before travelling due to COVID-19.

All other standard Terms and Conditions apply